How we do it
Everyone at GSK focuses on three priorities: Innovation, Performance, Trust
Dave Kilian, Oncology scientist, USA
We invest in scientific and technical excellence to develop and launch a pipeline of new products that meet the needs of patients, payers and consumers.
- £3.9bn R&D investment in 2018
- 33* of the 46* new medicines now in development targeting modulation of the immune system
- 17* immuno-oncology assets now in clinical development
Dawn Skelton, Pharmacist, UK
We aim to achieve industry-leading growth by investing effectively in our business, developing our people and delivering flawlessly.
- £30.8bn total turnover in 2018
- £8.7bn adjusted operating profit in 2018
- £5.7bn free cash flow in 2018
- £3.9bn dividends paid in 2018
We commit to ensuring the quality, safety and reliable supply of our products; and to building trust through our approach to engagement, pricing, global health and being a modern employer.
- 78% employee engagement score on our latest employee survey
- £224m donated in 2018 to community health programmes
- 1st in Access to Medicines Index since the assessment began in 2008
*Includes M7824, the subject of the alliance with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, expected to close in Q1 2019.